Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lemon Spaghetti


This is one of my most requested recipes! Please note, these measurements are approximate. This can be as lemony as you want, just add more zest. I use a lot of garlic, so if you are not a huge fan, I would cut the amount in half. I usually serve this with bruschetta.

3/4 lb. angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons lemon zest
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh or dried parsley
grated cheese, Parmesan or Romano (I use both)

Cook pasta according to directions.

Heat oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Bring oil to a bubble. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the garlic!

Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 2 minutes.

Remove the pan from heat. Mix in parsley. Add pasta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.

Note: I toss the pasta in the lemon sauce really well, and then I let it sit for a few minutes, re-toss and repeat a few times. This allows the pasta to absorb the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment